According to a report from eMarketer, mHealth and mFitness apps account for more than one-quarter of all app users on a regular basis. The report was released on October 1, 2013.
The business of mHealth market is booming tremendously. Thanks to hundreds of start-ups developing mHealth applications and pushing them to world’s major app stores. Due to an exponential growth, there’s much at stake to capitalize in this market.
The global mHealth market is estimated to be valued at $20.7 billion by 2018 from $6.6 billion in 2013 – an astonishing growth rate of over 300 percent over the next five years.
Health apps are not fad. The report also revealed that of those who used health apps, over two-third acknowledged the benefits of those apps. Health apps are garnering endorsements from all over the world and from users across all age groups. As smartphones and network connectivity gain greater traction, it is evident that there will be a high amount of engagement with health apps in the future.
“This poses real opportunity for healthcare marketers wishing to advertise in apps or create their own,” eMarketer reports. “The Mobile Marketing Association and mLightenment estimated that this year, the US healthcare and social assistance industry would spend $265 million on mobile marketing. And by 2015, the industry will devote $539 million to mobile efforts.”
Subscribe to HealthIT+ Monthly Newsletter
- mHealth and mFitness Users to reach 100 million by 2018 [REPORT] (healthitplus.wordpress.com)
- Finally, FDA Reveals Its Regulation Plans On Mobile Health Apps (healthitplus.wordpress.com)
- HealthIT+ Newsletter – October 2013 Issue Is Out! (healthitplus.wordpress.com)
- mHealth Revenue To Top $9 Billion in 2014 [REPORT] (healthitplus.wordpress.com)
- mHealth or Mobile Healthcare is the Future (Cool Infographic) (healthitplus.wordpress.com)
- Why it’s Crucial for Healthcare Providers to Invest in mHealth (healthitplus.wordpress.com)